Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Follow Up: Playing Alone Together

It's been great to receive some responses from folks who are interested in this unique concert experience of playing alone with others. I am also very interested in this as well! It is very warming to think of sending supportive acoustics from anywhere in the world to anyplace in the world. This is something that Carol and I have done for years in the Frequency Band, but not in this exact way.

For others of you who are interested in this performance together, let me know. I will keep you all posted as more develops.

Happy, soulful music making to you all!

5 comments:

Ross Holcombe said...

Count me in! :-)

Tina said...

Warm hello, Norman,

This is a wonderful idea! I would love to join in! It is very strange, because when I read your writing, I recognized that I have the same feeling of not being alone, when I sing alone, but I hadn't even really noticed it before reading it. So, it is not that I sing alone to not feel alone or to be in this 'company' - it is kind of odd really, in a really great way :-)

Lise said...

Please count me in too!!

Anonymous said...

love to try--
Happy Birthday Norman
and congratulations on the fabulous contribution you have graced that orchestra with all these years--
and thank you all the wonderful knowledge you imparted to me as a student at the New England conservatory----Music was(is)living!!! Keep it going...and please some time let me join!!
-all the best
Julie Josephson

Anonymous said...

Norman,
Happy Birthday and Congrats on all the years in the BSO!! This concert has really inspired me!!! Count me in, and thanks for all your articles, they are great!!!

Andrew Shelton